Almuñécar Gestor Administrativo - Administrative Services

please contact via email
Add Favorites Contact Author

A Gestor is going to make your life much easier when it comes to dealing with the Spanish Bureaucracy.

Almuñécar Gestor Administrativo – (Administrative Services)

You may be helped with Residency (Residencia or NIE), applying for a driving license, buying a home, completing your annual income tax return and more.  If you own a business or are just starting as self employed, they can help cut through all of the red tape and get the administrative work done for you. There are numerous services, so please contact us and let us know what you need.

For a moderate fee a Gestor will save you hours of frustration and leg work.  You won’t need to worry about filling out forms or know which ones are required.  You will receive advise and procedures in English and have someone there with you to translate as well.

Gestors are professionals and also belong to a Colegio.


Email us your needs and we will be sure to provide you with the best services available.

Some services are provided by Almuñécar Info and others you will be referred to a local Gestor.   


If you’re considering a move to Spain from outside the EU or within the EU, we can help you with the administrative parts of the process.  You will need to consider many things including residency, schools, healthcare, opening a bank account, insurance, phones, the internet, and more.

Almuñécar Ayuntamiento - Almuñécar Town Hall


NIE / TIE  – Resident Card

The foreigner’s office (Extranjería Motril) for Costa Tropical is located in the Motril Police Station (Comisaría de Policía Nacional).  They are open Monday – Friday, 09:00 – 14;00 Appointments are required to apply for an NIE or TIE.

NIE – Numero de Identidad de Extranjeros (Foreigner’s identification number),  TIE – Tarjeta de Identidad de Extranjeros (Foreigner’s resident card)

    • Make appointments for you at Motril Foreigner’s Office
    • Request NIE – Numero de Identidad de Extranjeros
    • Request TIE – Tarjeta de Identidad de Extranjeros / Resident Card
    • Residency for EU citizens
    • Residency for EU / Non EU family
    • Attend appointment in Motril Foreigner’s Office
    • Review paperwork and attend the appointment at Motril Foreigner’s Office

Certificate of Registration – Empadronamiento 

Register with the municipality of Almuñécar for their census.  This is needed for many other administrative tasks, as well as school registration.

    • Guide you with the process for the Almuñécar empadronamiento
    • Attend with you to obtain your Almuñécar empadronamiento

Just the residency basics

If you have the time and are comfortable with receiving instructions, making your own appointments and heading out on your own. We email you detailed instructions for obtaining your residency.  The process you need to follow at the foreigners office for your NIE (foreigner’s identification number) or TIE (foreigner’s resident card).  This does not include visa applications for residency.  Just the process for EU citizens, as well as an EU citizen with non-EU family members, and the Spain portion of the non lucrative visa.  If you need just the NIE to open an account or purchase a property, we provide instructions for the NIE request too.  We inform you on where to register with the town hall to obtain your empadronamiento too.  Map locations are also provided as well as items to bring with you.

Americans Retirement or Non Lucrative Visa Spain Residency

If you are Americans moving to Spain, we can help you with the full process.  We offer packages and products to help with the non lucrative visa as well as the Spain retirement visa.  This specific service is done via our Wagoners Abroad site.  We offer full move to Spain packages, time based consulting, as well as ebooks and products.

School Registration 

Providing information about the local area schools (public and private) to help with your research, checking for space availability, scheduling a school visit, help with registration

Opening a Bank Account 

We recommend a bank, with multi-lingual agents. It is good to deal with your finances in a language familiar to you.  They also offer many insurance options (auto, home, health and more).  In addition, we can recommend money-saving tips on international money transfers and more.

  • Make appointments for you at Bank, greet you at the appointment time and introduce you to banking age
  • Attend the appointment with you, to open your bank and/or insurance accounts at Bank

Insurance – pricing varies

We provide recommendations for local agents for private health insurance, home or renters insurance, pet insurance, and auto insurance.

Self Employed – Autonomo

  • Setting up your business and all aspects of being self-employed.  (Autonomo)
  • Advice and preparation of Taxes


    Establishing accounts with the various utility companies for your new residence.

    Notary Services 

    If you need something notarized, we can get you to the right person.

    Buying a Property

    Services to review contracts, taxes and paperwork.


    Email us your needs and we will be sure to provide you with the best services available.

    Some services are provided by Almuñécar Info and others you will be referred to a local Gestor.